Today we updated our manual to reflect our latest evolution and improvements.
It is available in our documentation section here.
You will find all details to easily install custom firmwares with your Stargate 3DS.
This update fixes several small issues with previous version.
– The included configuration was set to use Download Play instead of Sound Player to run homebrew. It is now corrected.
– Adds the ability to set a Down payload for the InScripted chainloader (it will default to the internal user interface, as it already does, if none is found).
– Various speed improvements.
As usual, they are available in the DOWNLOAD SECTION HERE!
A few weeks ago, we released an easy mode for CFW (custom firmware) install for Stargate 3DS. As it was requested by numerous Stargate users.
Today, we bring you an update for it (more details inside the file).
We also, as promised, release today a ‘Complete’ CFW install for Stargate 3DS. Please note this is for advanced users, and the Easy Mode is what most Stargate users will require.
But now you have the choice between a simple install and the full package for the people who want it all.
Please note both install pack are NOT required to run Stargate and if you want to just run ROMs the simplest way possible, your Stargate as it comes is the best solution still.
Both packs are available with the documentation inside in our DOWNLOAD SECTION HERE!
That’s it for today, we go back to work for more updates in the future to bring more and more to what is already the best solution for your 3DS: Stargate 3DS!
Today we are happy to release an easy mode for CFW (custom firmware) install for Stargate 3DS.
With this update, you can, with the usual Stargate’s ease of use, add a fully compatible Luma install and enjoy all the features.
Cheats for Luma is also available for users who needs this feature.
This CFW is fully approved by Stargate team, tested to work in perfect harmony with Stargate firmware, so you will enjoy the best of Stargate and also all the functions from Luma CFW.
For people who want a minimal CFW, we also include the excellent Rei-Six CFW, also fully Stargate compatible.
An advanced mode with tons of features will be release next for the most experienced users. Coming soon! With some more surprises and updates under way, we are working hard to bring you more and more and make the most advanced 3DS/DSi solution even better!
We want to thank Team Luma, Aurora Wright and TuxSH who are behind the excellent Luma CFW which required a lot of work to reach this quality level.
We also would like to thank Team Rei-Six (Crimson Maple and Reisyukaku), great work there.
And finally d0k3 for his brilliant GodMode9 multi-purpose hack tool (which was used in the creation of our script runners).
Thanks & greetings!
Files and documentation can be found in our download section here.
As always, enjoy!
Happy Easter to all Stargate users!
Pending our next software updates and new features, we have some other news:
– Thanks to you, Stargate is a huge success and we are now able to drop price and hopefully reach new users whose budget didn’t allow yet to enjoy the best flashcart for 3DS! Our recommended retail price (MSRP) is now $64.95!
– Additionally, for all the new Stargate currently on the market, again thanks to you and its commercial success, we have further improved built quality. Stargate manufacturing process ensure that our flashcart can resist drops and other torture you or your kids will place on it, thanks to best of the industry testing & production procedure. So that your 3DS and your Stargate will be together until the end of their lives!
To all past customers, thank you again, you make all this possible. And to future ones, welcome!
Today we release an easy to use, straight to the point, manual for Stargate.
We want to answer regular users (the majority) requests for a guide on how to
use Stargate 3DS key functions.
With our next update – that will add new more advanced features – , we will update
our manual with more details, but we recommend regular users (people who want to
play ROMs in the easiest way possible) to stick to the original manual to enjoy
Stargate 3DS for what is famous and appreciated for: its ease of use!
You can find some of our favorite here, created during a competition with our partner Maxconsole.com:
Enjoy your Stargate 3DS with a brand new skin!
Today we release our first update with some fixes and improvements on issues and feedback provided by users & reviewers.
– Fixed ExFat with larger MicroSD cards and nds mode
– Minor improvements to menu sub system
The goal which we are the only team to achieve is to make this possible for all users, including true noobs and beginners. We have a priority on Stargate core features over some CFW functions.
Updates coming soon in new firmware:
– New Japanese font that are more readable (requested by most Japanese users)
– Bug fix on some microSD cards where exfat format is not supported on DS games (both FAT32 and exFAT are supported on 3DS games on any type of SD cards). This is how we intend it to be, one micro sd card for both your DS and 3DS roms.
– Sticker will be thinner and shinier in next production batch
– SNES emulator and a few more updates made in house by Stargate team are in the
works and coming in a future update.
– Although we do not recommend Gateway split format, since you can just use
exFAT for files larger than 2GB, we will add at a later date this compatibility
for the few users who want to use their old game libraries, even if out of date.
– A handful of newest games (Pokemon Sun and Moon) are not yet compatible, this
will also be fixed in an incoming update.
– We support *.3dz ROM files for online gaming, just rename them as *.3ds
– We are compatible with Ntrboothax/magnethax. However, due to the numerous CFW
available, we can’t yet ensure 100% compatibility with all of them. We will add better compatibility with the numerous CFW in our next firmware updates. Be aware that for now, some CFW might interfere with Stargate system and therefore can not be used. But you still have the best solution available: plug & play Stargate 3DS firmware.
– About region free: Native 3DS use, Stargate or else, can NOT be region free.
This is a console limitation. If you require region free, please use Ntrboothax/magnethax and install a CFW.
We hope this answers most of your questions. But of course, we are available
if you have any questions, and we still welcome all suggestions for improvement.
Please just remember that any improvement we make must be in Stargate spirit of
keeping an absolute ease of use to the end user. You can contact us here.
For a complete review of an early version of Stargate (with original firmware, soon to be updated), you can read this one on the respected Maxconsole.com website:
Logic Sunrise is probably the most respected French language website in the mod & hack field.
Here is their review of the Stargate 3DS.
Vive le Stargate!
Spanish review on world famous Elotrolado.net:
And Japanese review from re-doing: