The goal which we are the only team to achieve is to make this possible for all users, including true noobs and beginners. We have a priority on Stargate core features over some CFW functions.
Updates coming soon in new firmware:
– New Japanese font that are more readable (requested by most Japanese users)
– Bug fix on some microSD cards where exfat format is not supported on DS games (both FAT32 and exFAT are supported on 3DS games on any type of SD cards). This is how we intend it to be, one micro sd card for both your DS and 3DS roms.
– Sticker will be thinner and shinier in next production batch
– SNES emulator and a few more updates made in house by Stargate team are in the
works and coming in a future update.
– Although we do not recommend Gateway split format, since you can just use
exFAT for files larger than 2GB, we will add at a later date this compatibility
for the few users who want to use their old game libraries, even if out of date.
– A handful of newest games (Pokemon Sun and Moon) are not yet compatible, this
will also be fixed in an incoming update.
– We support *.3dz ROM files for online gaming, just rename them as *.3ds
– We are compatible with Ntrboothax/magnethax. However, due to the numerous CFW
available, we can’t yet ensure 100% compatibility with all of them. We will add better compatibility with the numerous CFW in our next firmware updates. Be aware that for now, some CFW might interfere with Stargate system and therefore can not be used. But you still have the best solution available: plug & play Stargate 3DS firmware.
– About region free: Native 3DS use, Stargate or else, can NOT be region free.
This is a console limitation. If you require region free, please use Ntrboothax/magnethax and install a CFW.
We hope this answers most of your questions. But of course, we are available
if you have any questions, and we still welcome all suggestions for improvement.
Please just remember that any improvement we make must be in Stargate spirit of
keeping an absolute ease of use to the end user. You can contact us here.